Free Immigration Assessment

Study abroad consultants for Canada: Fortune International provides study visa solutions to students who want to study in Canada.

Study in Canada has been a dream for so many Indian students and make their career in Canada. Canada is recognized worldwide for its high academic standards – from elementary to secondary, colleges, universities, and beyond. Canada consistently ranks as one of the best countries to study in the world and is currently the #1 best country for quality of life.

CANADA has now become the prime destination of students for overseas education. No second thoughts are given when it comes to moving in Canada. Especially Indian students mark the major proportion among international students, flying, to turn their dream of ‘Study in Canada’ into reality.

With many top tier universities, student-friendly cities, research-based programmes, be it engineering or management colleges, Canada has got all covered.

There is a reason why Toronto city (The Mumbai of India) is called ‘Mini India’ over there!
Not only that. But Indian students are rather scattered across almost all cities of Canada!
So, let us dive into specifics behind their psyche, who choose Canada as their host country.

Why Study in Canada?

With high measurements in quality of life and education, Canada has been ranked by the UN as one of the best places to live in the world. It is a developed country with a high-income economy and a successful government, making it a fantastic place to live and study in Canada!

You will find 18 of Canada’s universities in the 2019 QS World University ranking top 500, the highest-ranked being the University of Toronto, placed 28th. Three of these institutions are ranked within the top 50, including McGill University and the University of British Columbia. This shows that Canada would be providing you with a brilliant education as well as a cultural experience.

There are more than 350,000 international students choosing to study in Canada each year, adding to the diversity of higher education institutions. You will be able to study degrees at the traditional three levels. These are bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate. The duration of your course will depend on your institution of choice.

The education system in Canada

The higher education system in Canada is not very different from the American education system, with a little influence from Britain.

There are mainly three types of institutions :

(1). Public Universities : Public universities in Canada are run by the provincial, territorial or federal government funding besides receiving the tuition fees from students.

(2). Private Universities : Private universities in Canada are mostly funded by donations and research grants. These universities do not receive funding from the government bodies.

(3). Liberal Arts Colleges : Liberal arts colleges in Canada are pretty similar to that in the USA. These are either public or private colleges, with a primary emphasis on undergraduate courses in liberal arts.

The price tag for higher studies in Canada is roughly half compared with other leading study destinations. Tuition fees vary from institution to institution. On average, students will have to shell out CAD 10,000–40,000 per year.

Annual living expenses will depend on the living location you prefer and the type of accommodation that suits you, i.e., private, homestay or on-campus accommodation. On average, students pay CAD 6,000–8,000 per year for their accommodation. Of course, the transport and other expenses should be factored in. And one more thing that you can’t avoid is health insurance that costs CAD 600 (approx.) per year.

International students can work part-time for 20 hours per week – generally the first six months on campus and off-campus post this period. Some universities with more intensive courses allow their students to work for nearly 12 hours since working for more hours can affect their students’ performance.

International students can apply for work permits post their studies, which gives them the opportunity to work in the country for a three-year period.

Procedure to get study visa in Canada

If you are an international student and want to study in Canada then you will need to get a study permit in Canada. This acts in the place of a visa and can be applied through the Government of Canada website or at the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country. A study permit will allow you to stay in Canada for the duration of your course, plus 90 days. Within these 90 days, you will need to either apply to extend your stay or make plans to leave the country. If you cannot finish your studies before the date on your permit for whatever reason, you will need to apply to extend your stay as a student. If you finish your studies early, your permit will stop being valid 90 days after you complete your studies, and this might be different than the original expiry date.

As well as the study permit, you may also be required to apply for a temporary resident visa or an electronic travel authorization (eTA). You can find out if you need one of these by answering the questions on this web page, or at the Canadian embassy in your home country.

The journey of studying in the country itself is an experience of a lifetime which can only be felt once one gets there. So do not wait up!

Pursue your overseas education through Elite, the best educational institute, overseas education consultants, visa consultants and coaching (IELTS British Council, PTE, GMAT, GRE, and Spoken English)!

With our tie-ups with various universities abroad, grab the offers of Indian scholarships as well!

Get the overseas education consultancy from us, and land at the place you always aimed to study into!

Processing Time for Canada Student Visa

The Canada Student Visa Processing Time to complete the applications is around 2 weeks. This processing time doesn’t include the time you need to give bio metrics. Processing time starts the day High Commission receives complete application and ends when High Commission makes a decision. The actual processing time may vary depending upon the volume of applications received by High Commission.